AgriInsurance | Annual Forage Insurance
Annual Forage Insurance covers acreage planted each year for livestock feed or fodder, offering risk protection from lack of rainfall.
- Coverage is available on acres used for grazing, haying, grazing/haying, grain/grazing, green chop, grazing/green chop, or silage.
- Both irrigated and non-irrigated acres are insurable.
- Producers insure annual forage production value by dividing their liability into two-month index intervals targeting when precipitation is crucial to the growing season.
- The program uses rainfall index data provided by NOAA to correlate precipitation to the insured acreage.
- Indemnities are paid when rainfall during a specific two-month period in a specific area (grid) falls below a selected percentage of historic average rainfall. Payments are based on final conditions in the entire grid, not on a specific property within that grid.
Annual Forage Insurance sign-up deadline: July 15